Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Quiet Moments

I know the word "quiet" is not one that's often in a parent's vocabulary. But every now and then it happens. This morning was one of those special times. Vance, my 4 year old, woke up and went to cuddle under his favorite blanket on the couch. I went over, picked him up, and put him on my lap. We snuggled for awhile and I was soaking in the time together. I know someday he'll be too cool (and too big!) to snuggle with his mama, so I'm really grateful for these moments.

Logan, my 2 year old, woke up later. At this point Vance and I were reading. Logan, in just his little pull-up, wiggled his way onto my lap as he usually does and snuggled. He's my little teddy bear. I was reclining and he turned around, wrapped his little arms around my neck, and just put his head on my chest. He lay there looking up at me with those big blue eyes and said in his sweet little voice "I love you mom".  The strains of William Joseph on piano were playing gently in the background. For a few minutes there was peace in my home. No yelling, no fighting, no running around and making messes. I hope I will always remember these quiet moments. They're so special and I try to drink in every precious second. I'm so thankful for these quiet moments.


1 comment:

  1. Love the picture! :) And love your sweet family. Vance and Logan are good cuddle buddies (Logan especially!).
    Glad you were able to enjoy this precious moment! :) And thanks for sharing it.
    Love you!
    -Bean

    ReplyDelete